1. ABOUT Muqtoob NETWORKS.
Muqtoob.com is an online social networking community that connects people through their personal networks and allows them to meet others, buy and sell services, and perform other transactions. Members create their own profiles, and those profiles are then shown to their trusted circle of friends. A user's personal network includes an extended group of people that a user is connected to through their friends (up to four degrees of separation).
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT. Muqtoob Networks, Inc. collects information our users submit to us such as their name and e-mail address to allow us to identify users and notify them of changes or updates to our service. We also collect personal information submitted by our users in filling out their profile on the service such as gender, city and country of residence, occupation, interests, etc. We collect this personal information when our users: (a) sign up as a member; (b) make changes to their member profile information; and (c) send e-mail messages, forms, or other information to us via Muqtoob.com. Members may choose to provide additional information beyond their basic profile. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional, but enables our users to better identify each other and more effectively connect and interact with their network.
Muqtoob.com also collects information from users that is unique, but cannot be linked to a specific individual, such as IP address and browser type. A user's session will be tracked, but each user will remain anonymous. We gather this information on all visitors to www.Muqtoob.com for systems administration purposes and to track user trends, such as our most popular features. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
3. COOKIES. Like many other Web sites, Muqtoob Networks uses a standard technology called "cookies." Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive -- not on our site. They can help make the Internet experience quicker and more convenient. Cookies allow our users to login without entering their ID and password each time they use Muqtoob.com. Cookies help us understand how members use Muqtoob.com, which allows us to improve upon the service. Members who disable cookies may not be able to use Muqtoob.com.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Muqtoob Networks uses personal information to create a secure and personalized service for our members. The Basic Profile information (first name, age, gender, location, marital status, and religion) is displayed to either all members of Muqtoob.com or to members of their trusted circle of friends (up to 4 degrees of separation)
as selected by the user. This applies as well to all other profile information (except photos) optionally provided by members.
Member photos placed on the site are visible to either all members of the site, members of the trusted circle of friends, or to just members selected by the user.
Email addresses are displayed only when a user invites a friend via email to join the service, when a user requests to add another user to their friend list, and when we send notifications to a user related to their use of the service. Email addresses of Muqtoob.com members are never displayed to other users on the system. Users on Muqtoob.com with each other through the Muqtoob.com service without disclosing their email addresses. Members may opt out of receiving e-mail from us at any time by following the instructions below in sections 12 and 13.
CLICK TRACKING. Muqtoob.com uses a method called "click tracking" to log user movement throughout our service. As part of this effort, we passively collect IP address, Web browser type, domain names, access times, referring URLs and page views for each session. This information is used to keep track of login names and passwords, to offer users a personalized experience, to enhance navigation, to provide content tailored to the user's interest, and to time out their session.
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We will not sell, lease or exchange your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your express consent, unless required by law or to protect your membership.
6. INVITING FRIENDS. If you use our Invite feature to invite a friend to our service, we will ask you for your friend's email address. We'll automatically send the friend an email inviting them to join your Trusted Circle. Muqtoob Networks, Inc. does not sell these email addresses or use them to transmit any communication other than the invitation and reminders to join your personal Network. Muqtoob Networks, Inc. stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this invitation and reminders, and for tracking the success of our Invite functionality.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES. The Muqtoob.com site may contain links to other Web sites. Please be aware that Muqtoob Networks, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites our users choose to visit. If our users provide any information directly to parties other than Muqtoob Networks (even if those sites are showing the Muqtoob.com brand), different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of the personal information disclosed. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your personal information to third parties.
8. CHAT ROOMS, MESSAGE BOARDS, AND PUBLIC FORUMS. Please be aware that whenever members voluntarily disclose personal information online - e.g., message boards, chat areas, file uploads, events, and listings - that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. By posting personal information online in public forums, members may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
9. UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION. Members can access, change and update their registration and personal information by logging onto Muqtoob.com and selecting the Edit Profile option.
10. OPT-OUT OF EMAIL. Users of Muqtoob.com may choose not to receive email notifications at their registered email addresses. To opt out of these announcements, click the "Mail Filters" link at the top of the "My Muqtoob" page, and select the appropriate entry from the "Mail Notifications" tab.
11. OPT-OUT OF NEWSLETTER. Muqtoob.com may choose to create a member newsletter. When this feature is offered, members will be able to opt-out of receiving the newsletter by selecting a preference in their Account tab. Depending on a member's preference, the newsletter could appear in their Muqtoob.com Message Center, the email account used to create the Muqtoob.com membership, or in both locations. Muqtoob.com will only collect a user's member name, should they choose to receive the newsletter.
12. USER SURVEYS. From time to time, Muqtoob.com may contact registered members to ask that they participate in user surveys. Participation in these surveys is purely voluntary, and any personally identifiable information submitted will not be shared with people who are not employees of Muqtoob.com.
13. SECURITY PROCEDURES. Muqtoob Networks has implemented security measures to protect member information from loss, misuse and alteration. We use industry-standard practices such as firewalls and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. Each of our employees is aware of our security policies, and your information is only available to those employees who need it to perform their jobs.
15. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES. If Muqtoob.com changes its policy and seeks to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, you will be notified via email or a system message visible on your Muqtoob.com Home page. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a notice on our Web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post the notice, we will also email users who have opted to receive communications from us to notify them of the changes in our privacy practices.